This are some of the things I learned this weekend:
If you are interviewing for something:
- do not wear cologne or perfume. As much as you might think that this finishes your look, noone appreciates your chosen fragrance as much as you do.
- do not lie. This seems obvious but you might be suprised how many people say things that aren't even believable.
- if you don't have something worthwhile to say, don't say anything at all. Even if your instinct is to fill up the space, don't.
- don not swear or use racial slurs. Duh.
- do not start making assumptions about the interviewer. Even if you are right, you look judgmental and narrow minded.
- do not cry. As much as the interviewer might be nice about it, they still don't want to console you.
- do not start talking about how badly you are doing at the interview.
- answer the question that is asked.
Even if you are four weeks behind, it still isn't motivation to study for a test four weeks away.
As long as you put enough chocolate in a cake, everything else can go wrong and it will still taste good. Especially if you eat it with friends.