Thursday, August 10, 2006

It is now the beginning of day three and I was just about to edit my previous post. But in the interests of being accurate I will just admit I was wrong. The school stuff is already drowning me.

I am still attributing the majority of my confusion to the fact that my schedule is chaos. I am never entirely sure where I am going or what I am doing or how that is going to change an hour from now or if there is anything I should do to be prepared for the next hour or the next day. However, this I share with the rest of my class. We end up searching through the many different printed schedules we have so far received and then following each other around like sheep. We have been promised that this will all be sorted out when we receive our palms and the schedule is on the internet information system. Which will happen sometime in the next 1-3 weeks.

It is somewhat comforting that we are all in this confusion together. The case is not the same with the lecture material. I was right in there with the first lecture. Delivered by one of the neuroscience faculty about thermoregulation in regards to fever, I knew almost all the terms and could follow the flow well. The next lecture was basically on immunology, my understanding of which was (or should I say is) at about a junior highschool level. It was an excellent REVIEW lecture for most of my class. Not so for me. I am off to do some reading.

No comments: