Tuesday, August 01, 2006

I am now a day away from being a medical student (barring some confusion over my registration). I am surprised to find that I am actually nervous. Despite the gruelling first day orientation schedule including nothing more daunting than meet-and-greet, lunch, a tour and a sophisticated version of a pep rally, I have butterflies in my stomach.

Oh yeah, there is also a pub crawl. Aside from the fact that it has been many years since a pub crawl actually sounded like a good time to me, I spent three days this weekend partying until 3 in the morning at the Folk Fest. I don't think I am up to a night of drinking with a bunch of type As a good 5 years my junior. At my (slightly) advanced age a pub crawl translates to a good chance to people watch at best, and a long night of babysitting at worst. I think I will drag my husband out to the evening of learning what life as a medical is like. We can be the jokers making wise cracks at the back of the class. Just because I am 'mature' doesn't mean we always have to act like it. That practically sums up why I married him.

No comments: