Sunday, July 12, 2009

And other cliches
This past week my husband took Harold out of town to visit the extended family. They were gone for three days making the rounds to various grand-aunts and uncles, second cousins and a great-grandmother. They were gone for 5 days.

While they were away I realized how all my classmates actually found time to study during clerkship. I did all the housework, went for walks to get coffee, did a bunch of reading for my rotation and even some pre-reading for half day. I wouldn't ever give up the support and love of my family, but it was a short glimpse into how, without them, there would be a lot more room in my day to devote to medicine.

By the time they came back Harold had learned how to wave bye bye, can sit back down from standing without a crash landing (he learned to pull to stand a couple of weeks ago), and started shrieking when he wants something. Well that last one is not so charming... but it is just like "they" say. They grow up so fast (sniff) and every moment I miss is something that I can't get back.

4 comments:

Dragonfly said...

That is SUCH a cute photo :-)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
江仁趙雲虹昆 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
The Angry Medic said...

Old girl, you're probably some bigshot doctor now and may even be my boss or something. If you ever come back to blogging, drop by my site at http://angrymedic.blogspot.com and I'll always give you a free shout-out. Take care.