Wednesday, January 10, 2007

I went to a symposium tonight where 4 women doctor's gave talks about their career experiences. What I learned is that everything (stress, pressure on our time, demands from other people) gets harder from here, and then it gets even worse, and then it gets a little bit better. So, if I want to have kids before I am 40 I better do it now. From the stories I heard, I would be lucky to write a licensing exam while 9 months pregnant. It gets much worse.
I came home and told my husband this. He is 9 years older than me, so if I wait until I am 40 to have kids he will be almost 50, and that scares the crap out of him. Don't tell me men don't have biological clocks.

1 comment:

Nurse To Doc said...

The baby thing is a worry isn't it? I am not broody now, but being the strange one that i am, I just know that I will get to 40 and decide that I need to have them NOW! It's a risk though and I hate the thought of being a pregnant junior doctor. It just sounds so hard. I have two friends who have managed it just fine though so there is hope!